Tuesday, April 2, 2013

One Year


Hey guys! A year ago, can you believe it? I sure can't! Well, to celebrate I decided on a little Q&A. Enjoy!



Q: Who is your favorite child? 
Danielle: I don't have one! How can I? I love them all very much. 
Maya: Um, I would have to say Daisy or Flora. 

Q: How did you come up with the name of your challenge? 
Maya: Well, I originally started with "Danielle Smores and the 100 Baby Challenge." But, I eventually got tired of it and suddenly, "The 100 Smores" popped into my head. It was new, fresh and seemed perfect. 



Q: Do the Smores have pets or plan on getting any?
Maya: No, at the moment they do not have any pets. ( because I don't have Pets xD ) Hopefully, sometime in the near future they'll invite into their abode a furry family member. 

Q: What's the best part of being a challenge mother? 
Danielle: Just seeing the smiles on my kids' faces. It just makes me feel accomplished. Like I am actually making a difference in this world 




Q: What's the best worst part of being a challenge mother? 
Danielle: The mood swings. Those are just- ugh. Sometimes I just want to put a towel on my face and lock the bedroom room so I can have some alone time away from the moody teenagers who are prowling the house. 

What's your favorite book? 
Danielle: Hands down, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows. 
Maya: Don't make me choose. Too many.



Q: Do you at times ever think back on what your life would be like if you'd never started the challenge? 
Danielle: Sometimes. I think it would just be boring. Plain. Normal. 
Maya: Oh god, yes. I've met so many people doing this and I don't know where I would be without them. Without this.

 Q: Are you excited for your wedding? 
Danielle: YES! I cannot wait to steal my hubby's last name. He did steal my heart, you know ;) 


Q: Do you still have big plans for the story, even though you've had so many great events already? 
Maya: Oh yes >:D Just hold tight onto your feels and grab those tissues to wipe up the upcoming tears. 

Q: What made you want to start the challenge? 
Maya: I had read so many and I just decided to give it a go. 
Danielle: Don't really know. I guess I kinda just wanted to prove Paris wrong. 




Q: What kind of excitement is to come? 
Maya: Good and bad. :3

Q: What will you do after you complete your challenge? 
Maya: LEGACY <3 
Danielle: Hopefully settle in with my soon to be fiancĂ©e and live a long life. 

Q: As an author, how do you think your writing has changed? 
Maya: It has changed so much. I think now I finally got into the rhythm of it. I finally figured out how to write for sims. 




~~~~~~~~


A year ago. 

No homework and bored out of my mind. Loading the game, I admired the loading screen, deciding what to do when sims finally loaded. CAS loaded and the first sim that popped up was a sim I had made so long ago, and ironically enough, I had started a private challenge with that particular sim already. I sighed and added some green to her dull black hair. But even then, she just didn't look right. So I decided to change her eye color as well to a stormy gray and there she was: my Danielle. 

I laughed as I decided on her last name. Who would ever think of choosing Smores anyways? But on that day, April 2, 2012, Danielle Smores came to life and my imagination was running wild with ideas but I didn’t have any experience with this kind of stuff. Who knew I wasn’t going to crash and burn a few weeks in?

After settling Danielle in her house, I played with the tab button for the first time in my simming life. I had never needed it before and I got so frustrated at trying to figure out the controls. The screen suddenly faced the ceiling as I had hit the wrong button, again. With a steady hand, I took a few screenshots and a few more until I closed my game and headed to Facebook to post the very first chapter. 

Facebook seemed a good place to start. I had only read a few other challenges and they all had Facebook pages, so I followed suit and made my own. I hit the post button and held my breath as a few eager readers skimmed my work and commented on it. I went to bed ecstatic that night.

I never knew it was going to be so much work. So much planning. I never knew that I was going to be going strong at one year’s time. But here we are. Whether you’ve been here from the start or you’re a new fan, thank you. Thank you for letting me do what I love. I truly love this, even though it can get very stressful at times. Thank you guys so much. Thanks for a fabulous year. I’ve met so many wonderful and kind people because of this. People who I can now call my friends.

If I could go back and do it all over again, I would.

I would just start sooner. 











4 comments:

  1. You're gonnaa make me crrryyyy

    Thank you for doing this. Thank you for giving me a hobby, something to read while I was going through a hard time, some inspiration to make my own story, and the friendship you and your story has lead me to.

    You, Ms. Maya, have saved my life.

    Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed a part of what I was going to say while typing:

      I hope you continue on for a lot longer, you are one of the best sims writers I've ever stumbled upon. Good luck and lots of love.

      Delete
    2. Thank you <3
      And you are so very welcome.

      Delete
  2. Awe, this was so sweet! I loved it! <3 I am so glad that you put up with me and all of my questions (now and in the beginning) and that I met one of my new best friends. :D I'm glad that you started this up, or else my story would've never started! You're the best writer I've met; your story is amazing! Thank you for always being there for me. <3

    <3 ~ Heather/Payton Bear ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Comment what you thought!