Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Chapter 42: Part One: What a Beautiful Wedding






 
“Hey, sweetie.” Chase’s lips pressed lightly against my forehead as my eyes slowly fluttered open.
“Hey,” I muttered back, sighing. The sun’s bright light danced around in the room, making the colors of our small bedroom vibrant. I rolled onto my side and Chase gave me a kiss on the tip of my nose. I laughed in response and got off the bed and looked out of the window. This island was just so beautiful; it took my breath away. Chase came up from behind me and put his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.
“I love you, wife,” Chase breathed into my ear. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight.
“I love you too, husband,” I smiled. The word husband still had quite a bit of difficulty rolling off my tongue. But soon enough, I hoped, that I would be able to say it without hesitation. My stomached growled, interrupting the peaceful silence. I felt so relaxed and at ease on our honeymoon, but everybody needs to eat every now and then.
“Mind making us some breakfast?” I asked Chase, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. Chase threw his head back and laughed.
“Sure, hun,” he finally responded. “Get some clothes on, I think we’re going to go swimming today.” Chase winked and closed the door behind him. I crawled over the bed and picked out a nice little swimsuit and quickly pulled on some shorts and a t-shirt.  I slipped on my usual converses and let my hair out of its messy bun.
I exited the room and gulped down my breakfast, eager to explore the world.



I stepped onto the beach, and looked up to Chase as he held my hand. 
“It’s just beautiful here,” I said, gasping.
“I know.” Chase pulled off his shirt and slipped off his sandals, not hesitating to jump into the water. I laughed as he dove right in with no problem.
“It’s not too cold?” I asked, slipping off my shoes. The sand felt warm and relaxing underneath my bare feet. I slipped off the rest of my clothes, leaving only my bikini on . I looked around the beach and saw that we were the only people on this beach. Weird.

I ran into the water in the same fashion as Chase did, mostly because the sand was starting to burn the soles of my feet. I sighed in relief as my feet hit the water. The cool, clear water was so refreshing. I slowly waddled in, letting the waves splash me. A sudden burst of water hit me in the face. I stuttered back in surprise. I rubbed the water out of my eyes to see Chase in front of me, laughing. I stuck my tongue at him and splashed him back. He looked at me in surprise and then splashed me back, grabbing me by the waist and pulling me close to him.


Chase pulled us so close together that our foreheads touched. He planted a kiss on my lips and I put my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me. I smiled when I finally broke away from the kiss. I rested my head on his shoulder as the sun shined down on both of us. This vacation was just so relaxing. No kids to take care of, nothing to take my mind away from Chase. Just us, together. Who could of asked for any more?


All of a sudden Chase lifted my up out of the water and placed me on his shoulders.
“Is this really necessary?” I laughed, looking around the beach. I could see all the way to the horizon. It was nothing but pure water. It was beautiful. Chase squeezed my legs as he moved forward, deeper into the clear water. I ruffled Chase’s hair and let the sun warm my skin. It was a beautiful day outside and the sun felt amazing against my body. I laughed as I thought of the bad tan line that I imagined me having after this vacation. Oh god, how was I going to hide it when I got back home? It was going to be oh so embarrassing.

All of a sudden Chase tripped on something in the water and I fell off his shoulders into the cold water. I gagged as I came up to the surface, spitting up the water that I had accidently swallowed due to the sudden spill into the sea. I coughed one more time to make sure that I had all the water out of my lungs. My nose, however, was still plugged up beyond belief and I had to resort to breathing through my mouth.
“Everything ok?” I managed to choke out. I looked around me. Empty. Where was Chase?
“Um,” I stuttered. I took a few more steps deeper into the ocean, the water now rising up to my waist. “Chase?”
A wet hand caressed the back of my neck. I jumped in response and slowly turned around only to find Chase, soaking wet, behind me.
“Why didn’t you answer me the first time?” I laughed. “You had me worried there for a bit!” I smiled and lightly hit his shoulder. He scowled at me and I backed away from him slowly. Something about him wasn’t right and it scared me. But I just couldn’t put my finger on it.
“Are you ok, hun?” I hesitantly asked. Chase rolled his eyes and closed the gap between us.
“Everything’s fine. Why wouldn’t it be? Just you and me, all alone. Nobody here to watch us.” He said the last bit with quite a bit of emphasis. I chill ran down my spine even though the sun was shining fiercely down upon us.  “Nobody at all.” Chase grabbed my hands and pulled me even closer to him. Chests touching, he ran his hand through my hair. “All alone,” he stated, his voice monotone.
Chase yanked my hair down, causing me to scream out in pain.
“Ow. Ow. Ow. This really hurts Chase,” I cried, tears automatically spilling down my cheeks, blurring my vision. “Stop, please.”
“Alone,” he said again. I was terrified now, scared beyond my wits. I punched Chase in the stomach; no effect. I pinched, slapped and kicked him in every way possible. Not once did he even loosen his grip. He grabbed my arm and I helplessly tried to swat it away. There was nobody here to help me. We were, in fact, all alone.



His grip bore into my arm, his nails drawing blood. “Chase, stop. Please,” I begged, biting my tongue to stop the screams that I could feel coming crawling up my throat. “Please.”
He released the grip on my arm, but not on my hair. I rubbed away the blood that was dripping down my arm with the back of my hand.
Now both of his hands were on my head and he forced my down into the water. I struggled to get back up to the surface. I needed air. I needed to breathe. But the more I struggled, the tighter he held me down. My lungs burned in their need for oxygen. I fought to get back to the surface with my last bit of energy. Chase just held me down even stronger.
With no more air left, I closed my eyes and stopped fidgeting. I never thought that this was the way I was going to go.
I had never really put any thought into how I was going to go. But, I definitely didn’t think that I was going to die this way. Black spots clouded my vision until I couldn’t see anymore.
 I swear I could hear Chase laughing.




Cold sweat dripped down the side of my face as I gasped rather loudly. I shakily got up, taking slow and deep breaths. It was all just a dream. Just a dream.
I put my hand on the side of my head, rubbing my temple. I had a killer headache from the dream. Or maybe it was just from falling asleep on the living room couch.
Analee, or was it Casanya? Anyways, one of my girls cried out from the nursery. I groaned as I rubbed my head once more and dragged myself to their room, hoping that they were going to be easy to be put back to bed.


They aged up so fast; all of my kids did really. It was bittersweet watching my kids grow up right before my eyes. It was almost scary watching them sprout up and leave me behind, to form their own lives. My challenge was moving on so swiftly and I caught myself thinking about the future where there were no dirty diapers to throw away or no more homework to check over. It was kind of weird to think about. I thought of Chase being there, by my side, in the future. Although, after the dream I just had, the thought of Chase made me cringe and I for sure wasn’t going anywhere near water for a long, long time.









After changing my fairy babies’ diapers, and I put them to bed. I yawned widely, closing the nursery door behind me. I quietly made my way upstairs. I laid down in my bed, watching Chase as his chest rose up and down. I snuggled next to him as the dream slowly faded away from my memory. I still had a knot in my stomach though, but maybe it was because my wedding was only a few hours away. My eyelids drooped closed. I did want a few hours of sleep. I didn’t want to look like the walking dead walking down the isle.



“Morning,” I sighed, my eyelids fluttering open. My hand touched the empty pillow besides me. “Chase?” 
“Goooooood morning!” a cheery voice said.


“What?” I asked, turning around to find my bridesmaids waiting behind me.
“Don’t worry, the kids are already out of the house and getting ready.” Aria said, a smile on her face. She came up to me and gave me a tight hug. “Chase too,” she whispered with a laugh.
“So,” Payton said, ushering me into the bathroom. “Time to get you ready for your big day!”


We quickly made our way downstairs and my friends fixed up their makeup as I ate some food. I was careful not to get anything on my dress. That would be bad, very very bad.
Finally my friends came downstairs, look amazing, as usual. I smiled at them as they walked down the stairs.
“Aw,” I squealed. “You guys look amazing!”
“You too,” Ariana replied. “So shall we go? We have to still get everything set up there before the guests start to arrive. We still have to get your kids ready!”
“Yeah, Mom and Dad should be there,” Claire said.
“Ok! Let’s go!” Aria cheerfully said. She walked out of the house, wrapping a jacket around her to protect herself from the cold weather outside. The rest of the girls followed her and I did too until Claire grabbed my arm and held me back while everyone else got into the car.
“Did you invite Paris?” Claire whispered, letting go of my arm.
“Yes, I did. She is my sister after all,” I said with a sigh.
“You so sure that this is a good idea?” she asked with a slight tremor running through her voice.  “I’m not exactly looking forward to seeing her again.” Claire shuffled her feet.
I grabbed her by the shoulders and looked her in her eyes. “She’s sorry for what she did, walking out on us and. . . . everything she’s done. She’s sorry.”
Claire was about to say something and then stopped.
“Spit it out.”
“Well, she began. “I just don’t know. I haven’t seen her in a while. It’s going to be weird, that’s for sure. Mom and Dad are hopefully going to be happy to see her though. They haven’t, well nobody has heard from her in a long time.”
“Yeah-“

Aria poked her head in the door, her hair covered in snow. “You girls ready?” she asked.
Claire and I both nodded our heads and I squeezed Claire’s hand tight. “It’s going to be ok,” I whispered as we both headed out.




I sat on the little chair in front of the mirror, fixing my makeup. I felt butterflies fly around in my stomach, making me feel sick. “It’s just the nerves,” I told myself, swallowing hard. My mouth felt oddly dry and my tongue sat uncomfortably in my mouth. I drummed my fingers hesitantly against the wood of the little cabinet.
Three knocks on the door made me break rhythm. “Come in,” I breathed.
“Um, hi sis.”
I turned around in my seat to find Paris. “Haven’t seen you in a while,” she said, closing the door behind her. She was dressed up rather fancy like and you could she was nervous. “Sorry about coming and leaving that time before.” Paris laughed nervously.
“Yeah,” I said, taking a deep breath in. “You did just come and go before. Left in quite a shock there.”
“I heard.” Paris paused for a second, as if she was thinking about what to say and how to say it. “Chase filled me in. Me and him aren't exactly on ‘friendly’ terms after all.”
“Well you guys are going to have to be nice to each other at least. He’s going to be your brother-in-law in just a few hours!” I joked, trying to add some humor to the already very awkward conversation. Paris didn’t laugh; she just looked at me instead. Her light grey eyes scanned me just like they did when we were kids.
“Brother-in-law or not, I still don’t think we will be talking much. He’s always so pissy when I’m around. Frankly, it’s getting annoying. I just said hi and he was huffing and puffing at me, asking why I was even here in the first place.”



“So you showed him the invitation?” I asked, arching my eyebrow.
“Of course!’ she gasped. “And you should of seen his reaction. I swear he was going to blow a fuse.” Paris laughed and I couldn’t help but laugh with her too. Just the thought of Chase getting mad at my sister was just so funny I couldn’t help myself. It felt good to laugh with my sister. It certainty got rid of the butterflies too.
“Well, I’m pretty sure Claire wants to have a word with you, Paris,” I said, pushing her towards the door.
“It’s going to be so awkward,” she replied, dragging her feet.
“I know. But you guys need to talk it out. She was really nervous about you coming here.”
“Was she really?” Paris’ voice rose in pitch. She was genuinely surprised that Claire had that reaction.
“Go,” I forcefully said, opening the door. “It’s my wedding day! At least follow what the bride says!” I laughed. I pushed Paris through but she hit something a stumbled back.
“Sorry,” she uttered, rubbing her head. She finally got up and looked what she backed up into. I saw her eyes go wide and the blood drain from her face. She backed up and looked towards me, her eyes painted in fear.



“Ouch,” Chase said, his arms crossing his chest. “That hurt,” he remarked in a sarcastic tone.
“Sorry,” Paris said, gripping my hand. I grabbed it back before darting my eyes to the door. It would probably be better for Paris to leave now. Their relationship wasn’t exactly what you would call healthy. I don’t know what happened the last time she came because I was in the hospital for the majority of it, but I knew that when I woke up, Paris had left in a hurry. I had found Chase pacing around in the lobby, anger running wild in his eyes. I was really worried about them. But now Paris forced her way into the church, leaving Chase behind.  I wanted to stop her and thank her, even though she had done some messed up things to me. But still, I had to thank her for starting me on this challenge, even if she did it on accident. If I hadn’t of started this challenge, I would of never had met Chase. I wouldn’t be here today. I would have probably just been all-alone, wondering aimlessly in my pajamas. I had to thank Paris but she left so abruptly. I made a mental note to myself to thank her at the party afterwards.

“Everything ok?” Chase finally said, breaking my train of thought. I bit my lip and sat down in the chair, remembering the dream that I had only a few short hours ago. I didn’t want Chase to touch me, or even be by me for some reason. Just something gave me a bad thought. I pushed my gut away though. This time I wasn’t going to be going by my gut, however bad my gut pushed me to fear Chase, I wasn’t going to. He was my soon to be husband and in only a few hours I would be able to pin his last name to mine and we would be able to live happily ever after.


Everybody wants a happily ever after. And this was just the start of mine.




Chase moved towards me, shutting the door with his heel.
“Bad luck to see the bride in her dress before the wedding,” I joked, pulling Chase closer towards me. I got up and gave him a kiss.
“Bad luck my ass,” he replied, breaking the kiss. He squeezed my waist and I smiled.
“You know what his means?” Chase asked.
“The wedding?” I replied, sitting back down in my chair. I faced the mirror and pushed a loose strand of hair back into place.
“Don’t. It’s fine. You’re perfect.” Chase pulled up against my and laid his hand on mine. He kissed my neck and sent shivers down my spine.
“But yeah, do you know what the wedding means?” Chase went back to his place on the couch, leaning back into the comfortable seat. At least it looked somewhat comfy.
“It means we can be together. Not like that we aren’t already,” I said with a laugh.
“It means that it will just be you and me. Once your beautiful kids age up, it’ll just be you and I, riding solo, but together. If you know what I mean.”
“ Yeah, I do. I think being alone will be nice. For a little while at least.  I still have to finish my challenge.”
“Well you can’t be going around, hooking up with men when you are a married women!” Chase joked.
“I still have to finish my challenge though!” I protested.
“Challenge, smallenge,” Chase remarked. “You don’t really need that do you?”


I looked up. Of course I needed to finish my challenge. I was not the type of person to start something and never finish it. Yet as I looked into Chase’s eyes I knew that he only wanted to hear one answer. The answer that I never thought I would give.
“Yeah, you’re right,” I said sheepishly, my eyes looking down to my shoes. “I don’t really need the challenge.” I looked back up to Chase. “I’ve got you.”
“And I’ve got you.” Chase smiled at me. “Your challenge was a bit stupid, if you ask me.”
My eyes widened. How was I with this guy and not know that he thought what I did was stupid? How many other secrets was he keeping from me?
“I mean, c’mon. Challenge mother? I just thought you were looking for a husband and you were so beautiful. I had to step in.” He laughed. “And look where we are now!”
“Getting married,” I hissed.
“Getting married!” Chase continued, overlooking that I was contemplating whether or not I even wanted to get married anymore.
“You’ve got me and I’ve got you. When your kids age up, it’ll be perfect. No more challenge, no more guys. Just us. To be dreadfully honest, I didn’t really like any of those guys that you slept with.  As weird as this sounds, I did get a bit jealous at times. I knew you were mine but I felt that your challenge was in the middle of us. But now, there will be no more challenge right?”
“Right,” I choked out, forcing the tears back.
Chase, for some reason, was oblivious of how I was feeling and continued on talking, crushing my heart with every word that slipped out of his mouth.
“No more stupid challenge,” Chase said with a yawn. “Nothing to separate us anymore.” He got up and kissed the top of my head. I closed my eyes and turned my back to the door. I heard it close shut as a single hot tear ran down my left cheek. I swallowed hard, forcing the lump in my throat down. My breath ran in short increments, tears running down my face and onto the floor. I heard a knock on the door.


“Hey Danielle,” a deep voice said. “Can I come in?”
“One second,” I hesitantly responded, trying to make my voice sound as normal as possible. I rubbed away the tears with my arm, careful not to get my dress wet.
“Come in.”
My father opened the door and gave me a big hug. I was somewhat surprised by the hug and tensed up. 
“You okay?” he asked.

“Yeah I’m fine Dad.”
“You look like you’ve been crying. Is my little girl ok? Really, is she ok? It’s her wedding day, everything is supposed to be perfect.”
“Happy tears Dad. Happy tears,” I lied. I took in a deep sigh.
“Ok,” my dad said, his eyes scanning for anything that seemed wrong. I put on a fake smile as his eyes passed my face.
He put out his hand when he was satisfied that I was telling the truth. “You ready to go?” he asked, opening the door.
“Ready as I will ever be.” My father smiled at me and I smiled back.


“You look beautiful,” he whispered. We stepped forward, ‘Here Comes The Bride’ playing in the background.
“Thanks,” I breathed.


I held my breath as Chase held my hand. All eyes were towards us and it made my skin crawl. I smiled at Chase as he said his vows.
“Do you, Chase Devon, take Danielle Smores to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better and for worse, for richer and poorer, in sickness and in health, until sickness do you part?” the priest said, looking at Chase.
“I do,” he said with no hesitation. Everybody was silent and all eyes were on me.
 I was uncomfortable being in the limelight; it wasn’t exactly my area of expertise.
Chase clenched my hands tight, as he looked in my eyes. He smiled and I looked up to the priest. He gave me a smug smile and continued on.
“Do you, Danielle Smores, take Chase Devon to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better and for worse, for richer and poorer, in sickness and in health, until sickness do you part?”


I hesitated. My stomach churned. All eyes were on me.


I just couldn’t do. Not now, not here. Not with him.


What he said earlier struck a nerve, and I was beginning to doubt whether or not I wanted to go through with this all.


My lips slowly formed the words that I was looking for. I looked at Chase and he squeezed my hands, giving me a grin.




“I-I don’t.”
~


















Well then. . . . .
But we have reached 60 babies so be sure to vote on your favorite on your right hand side. 
Thanks for reading and I hope you stick around the rest ;D 
Don't forget to comment what you though! 

14 comments:

  1. IM CRYING
    MAYA
    I AM CRYING
    MMMMAAYYYYAAAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it EEEEEE.

    I can't wait for the next one.


    (Btw, Have I mentioned I never wanted her to marry him anyway??)

    You did amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, the first part made me physically feel sick, omg i hope chase runs out and falls in the cake or something haha
    -well done maya!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HE SHOULD TOTALLY FALL INTO THE CAKE XDDD

      Thank you! :)

      Delete
    2. YES IN THE CAKE I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER MAYA AND SEND YOU A CAKE SHAPED LIKE CHASE'S HEAD WITH DANIELLE LAUGHING HAHAHAHA

      Delete
  4. I freaked out in the beginning, oh my gosh!

    Eh, I was all about Chanielle, but after what he said, I'm glad Danielle isn't marrying him, that jerk!

    Amazing chapter, as always... my new favorite! <3

    ~Heather/Payton Bear ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a jerk. -_-

      aha. It's one of my favs too!

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. WOO! CHANIELLE SUCKS! DAARON ALL THE WAY MAN! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comment what you thought!