Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chapter 42: Part Two: What A Beautiful Wedding



“Leave. Me. Alone,” I shouted, my voice horse from crying. Salty tears stained my cheeks and blurred my vision. I slammed the door hard. I fell to the floor, my wedding dress billowing around me like a blanket.  A cold, steel blanket that just brought back bad memories. I leaned my head against the back of the bed. That’s where he had slept, that repulsive piece of filth. I didn’t want to be involved with him at all anymore. I couldn’t bring myself to utter his name as every time I tried to, tears and wails pushed it back down. I ripped the sheets off the mattress, flinging them down to the ground. I tore my veil off along with the sheets as well. Today was supposed to be perfect. Look at the mess it had become. I sank down to the floor once more, hugging my knees. My dress was stained with my smears of my makeup. I didn’t care like I should have. Nothing seemed to matter anymore.


“We’re coming in whether you like it or not.” The door suddenly swung open as I wept loudly. I imagined how I must’ve looked right now; a pathetic excuse of a person wound up in her own self pity, crying her eyes out because of a stupid someone whom she should have had avoided in the first place. She was an imbecilic for doing what she had done. 
Two sets of feet appeared in front of me. I pulled my knees closer to my chest, my cries muffled by the fabric of the dress.


"Hey there." Aria bent down, taking my head with her hand. "You ok?"
"Nope." I looked up and ripped her hand away from my face. I didn't want to be comforted right now. I had made a bad mistake, a really bad mistake. I had to face the consequences on my own. It was my mistake, I didn't need anybody's pity.
"Nothing's ok. Now leave me alone," I hissed. Aria got up and turned her head, looking at my father, her eyes widening. He nodded and bent down just like Aria had done before.
"I'm so sorry. I really am."

“I don’t need your stupid apologizes.” My voice quivered as I spoke. I closed my eyes, hoping that the two people in front of me would disappear. When that didn’t work, I pinched myself, hoping that this was all just a bad nightmare. I wanted to wake up next to my loving fiancé, ready to get married and spend a wonderful life with him.

“Look, she’s moving. Somebody call the doctor back over."

Startled, I opened my eyes rapidly, looking around the room to find where the strange and unexpected voice had come from. I crinkled my brow and pursed my lips in frustration.

 Must have been my stupid imagination running wild.


“You ok?” my father asked. He tilted his head and squatted down to my level, his face painted with worry. I looked him in his eyes, before looking away and sighing deeply. My crying subsided for the moment. I bit the inside of my lips, replaying the past few hours in my head.
“Never better,” I lied, my tone harsh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




The ring clattered to the floor with a soft thud. The crowd stood still in shock. This was probably wasn’t what any of them were expecting at all.
“W-what?” Chase stuttered on his words and looked at me in shock, his jaw open wide. He leaned towards me and whispered, “What. Do. You. Mean.”
I bit my tongue, holding back both a snarky remark and tears. They would both just make the situation worse. But, the tears came falling down my face regardless of what I did to prevent them. I looked at the man I had once loved. I had thought I knew everything there was about him. A twisted, vile version of him was standing before me; the true man.




“I’m sorry,” I uttered under my breath. I jerked my hand away from his grasp and ran back up the isle. The church door slammed behind me as the freezing air surrounded me.  I stopped and peered back inside the door. Everybody seemed frozen in place, except for two figures that seemed to be running down the isle, in the same fashion I had just done. I bolted forward into the snowy night. The snow was thick and cold. It bit my bare skin as it came down in heavy sheets. 
It would have been a beautiful day for a wedding.


I half walked, half jogged, dragging my feet. They ached from the cold air and the heels I was wearing. I was so not prepared for this weather and if I didn’t hurry, I would probably freeze out here. I sighed, cursing myself for not having the wedding during the summer time. My teeth chattered and I felt the goose bumps rapidly growing on my arm. I stopped jogging for a second, catching my breath. I looked back, my breath raspy. Nobody was following me. First good thing of the day.

However, with each sharp breath I took, the icy air stung my nose and burned my lungs. The air was simply too cold for me to inhale without some pain coming along with it. My tears almost froze as they ran down my face but I kept running, afraid of hypothermia catching up with me. I kept running, running away from that nightmare. Running away from the place where everything had gone tragically wrong.
My house was so close; I could see the rood as I reached the top of the little the road that led to the church was perched on. I silently thanked my once-to-be-husband for picking a place that was so close to home. If I had to thank him for one thing, that would be it. A ran a little bit farther and hopped the fence. My dress got caught and ripped, sequins flying off with a bit of fabric. But the odd thing was I was glad it had ripped. The dress held no sentimental value to me, other than the bad memories and mistakes.
I went towards the door and crossed my fingers.


“Be open,” I whispered. I yanked the door handle and sighed in relief as the warm air embraced my skin. I stepped inside and ran upstairs to my room, the ice melting off and adding to the cold mess I already was.


Two rapid knocks brought me out of my memories. I shook my head, the thoughts clearing away from my mind.
“Danielle please,” I heard him call from outside. His voice sounded raspy and thin. Had he been crying too?
Aria turned her head, glaring at the source of the noise. “Want me to get that?” she asked. I nodded my head and ran my hands on my cheeks, rubbing away the tears and smudged makeup. I shakily got up and followed Aria downstairs. Her heels clicked and clacked against the floor of the house. The sound echoed deeply throughout the empty house. The sound was unfamiliar to my ears as the house was rarely empty. But now it’s only occupants were Aria, my father and myself. My house was usually so full of life.
I didn’t like it empty.


I fixed myself a spot on the couch, and stared into the flames of the fire someone had put on this morning. Was it truly only this morning? It seemed like a lifetime ago.

“Danielle, you’re ok,” he breathed coming towards me. Aria rocked back and forth on her heels and closed the door. Her eyebrows arched as he pulled my writs and hugged my tight. I pushed him away and sat back down on the couch.
“You ok?” he asked, compactly ignorant to how I was feeling.
“Nope,” I replied popping the ‘p’.
He sat down on the couch with me and I scooted myself to the edge of the seat, trying to get away from him. I wanted nothing to do with him anymore.


“Are you just not ready for the wedding?” His voice was sincere and quiet. Only I could here it.
“I was, but then you turned into a different person moments before our vows. I wanted to marry my.” I stopped as I forced his name through my, hot lips tears streaming down my face. “My Chase. Not this repulsive one that you have become.”
“Just because of what I said about your challenge? This is what it is all about?” Chase laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I shrugged his arm off, nodding my head. Yes, it was because of what he said about my challenge. It was because of what he said about me. If I knew what he thought, I never would of even let Chase be a part of my challenge.

“You’re kidding me, right?” He nudged me with his elbow. “C’mon, there’s more to life than this silly challenge. You’ve got a nice guy.” He pointed to himself and laughed once more.  “What else more do you need? The satisfaction of knowing that the whole town thinks you’re a Grade A slut?”
I glared at him and got up to my feet, my back facing him. 
“Get out.”


“W-what?” Chase got up too and tried to wrap his arms around my waist as he usually did. I quickly turned around and slapped him. A big red mark showed up as I removed my hand and rubbed it on my dress. “Get out,” I hissed, my teeth clenched. “Now.”
“You’re serious, c’mon Danielle. This is stupid, can’t we just talk it all out?” He backed up slowly, rubbing the side of his head with his hand. “That hurt, by the way.”
“It was supposed to,” I sassed. I looked towards Aria and her eyes widened. She quickly opened the door and shut the door behind her.  We didn’t need an audience. “And to answer your question, no we can’t talk about this. What’s done is done. You’ve spoken your mind and I just wish you had spoken it earlier.”
“I thought you already knew how I felt,” he protested. 
“If I knew that you thought my challenge was just to find a guy, why would I still be doing it when I was with you? I thought you were perfect Chase, I honestly did. I thought you were the best thing that had ever happened to me. But since meeting you, I only have one regret. And that one regret is you.”

“I’m still me,” he huffed. 
“The real you, yeah. I don’t like what I see now.” Tears started appearing at the corners of my eyes and I blinked them away. I didn’t need to be crying. Not now.

“Well, tell it to me straight, won’t you. But Danielle I do love you, I just think your challenge is stupid and pointless.”
“When were you going to tell me this?” I asked, my blood boiling. 
“I don’t know exactly. It kind of slipped out when we were talking.”


“Slipped out yes. That’s exactly what happened.” I bit my tongue in anger, my nostrils flaring.
“I love you. I love your kids. I just find the challenge stupid. There’s really no point in it at all. I personally think you guys are all on the verge of being a whore. And that Aria girl too, just the way she dresses makes me want to vomit all over myself. At least you have some self respect.”

“Don’t you dare bring her into this conversation. She was there for me all the times you weren’t. And she is always going to be there for me when you’re long gone.  Get out, now. I mean it this time.”
“You’re actually serious?”
I nodded my head solemnly. “Get out. This is my house. I invited you in. I can kick your ass out. Get out, now.” I pointed towards the door.
Chase looked at me, his eyes filled with pain. “I’m sorry. I still love you. I always will.”
“Sorry is irrelevant in this situation. I thought I loved you. Oh, was I so, so wrong to do so.”
Chase tried coming close to me, as if to kiss me. I pushed him away. I was done with his and everybody else’s shit. Chase slammed the door behind him and I saw him get into his car and sulk in the front seat. I started feeling sorry for him and I wanted ever so badly to get into the car with him, sit on his lap and kiss him, telling him that everything was going to be alright. Nothing was alright anymore. I couldn’t go and comfort Chase after what he had done to me. Lied to me. He made me fall in love with a false image.


I collapsed on the couch, letting the tears flow freely. I heard the door open and close rather fast. I turned around, expecting Chase to be there with a sob story. Not like I was going to accept it anyways. He was a stranger now and he needed to leave.
Bridie was standing there, looking all nice dressed all fancy. I remember her being so excited about the wedding. The look on her face made me want to hold her tight, like I did when she was a little girl.
“Now isn’t a good time for mom,” I managed to say between the tears. I bit my lip, trying to make my voice normalize for a second. 
“Why did you do it?” Bridie’s voice was cold, almost threatening.

“Run off? You probably think I’m a coward for getting cold feet. But that’s not exactly the story here.”
“Mom, you don’t understand. Chase was my dad. Why did you have to do that to Dad?!”
“Things are complicated when you grow older. Too complicated. Do me a favor and stay this young forever, please.”


“Complicated? You know what’s complicated? Having a mother who doesn’t ever pay attention to you. Having a mother too interested in everyone around you she doesn’t notice that her daughter is getting bullied at school and by her own brothers at home. You know what’s even more complicated? Having the only person that actually cares about you, not related to you what-so-ever. Chase was there for me, Mom. If I can even call you a proper mother.”

Tears streamed down Bridie’s face.
 Had I really been that bad of a mother? Had I been wrapped around my own issues so much that I didn’t notice my poor baby girl at all? Was I that bad of a mother?
“Dad was there for me. This was supposed to be the day that Dad was officially going to be a part of the family. I’m not proud to call you my mom, but I was going to be proud to call Chase my dad.” Bridie ran upstairs and I followed her. I wanted to let her know that everybody in this family loved her. Had I known that she was unhappy, I would of tried my best to make her delighted.

I knocked rapidly on her door. “Let me in please, Bridie. We need to talk.”


“I don’t want to talk,” she responded. I could tell that she was crying. I had done too much crying today. I didn’t want anybody else to contribute to the sadness, let alone my own daughter.
Finally unlocking the door, Bridie rushed out with a suitcase. “Where do you think you’re going?” I said in my motherly tone.
“Were people actually love me. I’m going with my dad.”
I took in a deep breath. Losing one person I loved, or at least I thought I loved, was hard. But losing two in a matter of hours? I couldn’t take it.
“Please, baby girl, no,” I cried.
“I’ve had enough of this place. Have a good life. I’m done trying to fit into your busy schedule. Maybe next time when you have 100 kids, at least try to pay attention to them. Make sure they feel that they are loved. You sure didn’t do that with me.” Bridie carried her suitcase downstairs.


I fell into a pile in front of the girl’s bedroom door. I heard the door slam open and shut then a car engine start and fade away. They were both gone.
“I’m so sorry,” I whispered.
I buried my head into my knees and cried. 



Minutes. Hours. Days? Who knew? I didn’t remember falling asleep but I awoke up on my bed, my wedding dress covered in sweat.
“Ew,” I moaned. I got up and opened the wardrobe to find all of Chase’s clothes gone. I sighed and changed into my pajamas. I fell back on my bed, my eyelids closing on me.


“I took the liberty of taking his clothes out and burning them,” a voice said. I opened my eyes, light pouring into the room. Aria stood there, arms crossed. “Just kidding,” she added with a slight laugh. “He came back for them. Don’t worry he didn’t come into the room, I just grabbed whatever looked like his and handed them to him.”
“How long have I been sleeping?” I asked, my voice groggy.
“Oh, I little over 18 hours. Your dad found you passed out in the hallway and he brought you to your bed. He said it was just like the good ole times.”
I laughed as I recalled the memories where I fell asleep on the couch and woke up in my bed the next morning. For the longest time, I thought I could teleport in my sleep.
“You’ve been through a lot in the past 24 hours. I heard about Bridie, too. Aria sat on the side of my bed and put her hand on top of mine. I’m really sorry about that. I can’t imagine the pain and guilt you must’ve felt.” Aria looked down at me. On the verge of tears, I sat up and pushed the tears back. “Yeah,” I muttered. “It was terrible.”


“On the bright side, the girls and I have decided that you might need a break. You can leave the kids in charge of each other for a few days, right?”
“I think so,” I breathed.  I didn’t want to go anywhere. I wanted to be home, alone. Locking my door seemed a pretty good option right now.  Nobody really knew what I was going through. Nobody would ever know. Being alone with my thoughts seemed perfect. Too perfect.
“Well,” Aria carried on, twirling her black hair with her index finger. “we thought you needed a break. How does a tropical island sound?”
My thoughts immediately went back to the dream I had only days before. I cringed.
“That sounds nice,” I lied. 
~

Hope you enjoyed! Hehe.
Make sure to cast your vote HERE! 

9 comments:

  1. I should have burned his clothes -_-

    AMAZING CHAPTER MAYA

    I loved it. They get better every time <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should have xD
      Thanks ^-^

      Delete
  2. Like Aria said, they get better and better every time! :)

    Man, Chase is a real jerk, but I'm glad Danielle realized that beforehand. :D

    Can't wait for the next chapter; love you! <3

    ~Heather/Payton Bear ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If even beforehand is the right word xD
      It was so hard letting Chase go. My bby ;-;

      Thanks! Love you too :)

      Delete
  3. YOU TELL HIM, DANIELLE! Chase is such a jerk >:{

    I can't believe Bridie left :O

    AMAZING chapter :D I can't wait to read more ^_^

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HE IS AND I KNEW THAT HE WOULD BE LIKE THAT ALL ALONG BUT IT WAS STILL HARD TO LET HIM GO.

      Making Bridie leave was totally spur of the moment. The chapter needed an extra kick to it xD

      Thanks! ^-^

      Delete
  4. I love the chapter Danielle and i hope for more soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daisy should've been there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. CHASE IS A JERK! CHASE IS A JERK!

    ReplyDelete

Comment what you thought!